With only 4 grams net carbs per serving, Creamy Rosemary Cauliflower Mash is a delicious, low carb alternative to mashed potatoes. Extra creamy from the addition of cream cheese and butter with lovely flavor from fresh rosemary. This mash is so good you won’t miss the potatoes.
Mashed potatoes are quite possibly one of the most comforting and best side dishes. I could eat a huge bowl of them every day and not feel guilty. Today, mashed potatoes have met their match.
Cauliflower is a less guilty, lower carb/keto and less starchy alternative potatoes and they mash up the same. The texture is exactly like the potatoes and since these are mashed in the food processor, they are actually easier to make.
They look like mashed potatoes, right? With no hand mashing needed because they are made in the food processor. If you were to make mashed potatoes in the food processor they get really gummy because of the high starch content, but the longer you process the cauliflower, the smoother the mash.
To give extra creaminess to this mash I used whipped cream cheese and butter. If you can’t find whipped, regular cream cheese is fine. Just make sure it’s nice and soft.
This recipe is also featured on my other website Culinary Ginger.
If you’re looking for a delicious, Asian-inspired grilled chicken, check out my other recipe for Keto Five Spice Grilled Chicken.
Creamy and low carb with the addition of cream cheese, butter and fresh rosemary.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and boil for 10 minutes, drain.
- Soften the cream cheese in a microwave-safe container for 25 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and process until broken down. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, rosemary and salt, process until smooth. Taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
This nutrition calculation is provided by Nutronix that is only a guideline and not intended for any particular diet.