There are only 5 ingredients in this Keto Five Spice Grilled Chicken. Chinese five spice powder with toasted sesame oil and garlic serve as the marinade and pack a huge flavor punch to this Asian-inspired dish.
You will love how a this simple, low carb recipe can produce maximum flavor. If you’re not familiar with Chinese five spice, it is a mild blend of anise, fennel, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper.
Chicken breasts are cut into large pieces, marinated and skewered. If you don’t want to turn this into kabobs, you can serve whole chicken breasts.
Since we are at the tail-end of summer, grilling is a delicious and easy way to cook the skewers and take no time at all, 6-8 minutes on each side to be exact.
For an extra little something, I served these skewers with a peanut dipping sauce that is really yummy! (pic below, recipe coming soon).
The dipping sauce was inspired by one of the Trio of Asian Dipping Sauces from my sister site.
Here is the carb breakdown: 2 grams net carbs and 39 grams of protein, per serving.
Chef’s tip: When you take the chicken off the grill, immediately wrap them in foil. This helps keep the juices in the meat and keep it moist.
If you’ve tried this Keto Five Spice Grilled Chicken, or have a question, leave them below in the comments area. I love to hear from my readers.
Chinese five spice powder, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic make up a simple marinade for grilled chicken.
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice blend
- 4 chicken breast, cut into thick strips
- To large bowl add the soy sauce (or tamari), sesame oil, garlic and Chinese five spice powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Add the chicken and mix so all pieces are coated. Cover and marinade for 1 hour at room temperature. If marinating longer, refrigerate.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread the chicken pieces, lengthwise onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water first to prevent them burning.
- Grill on each side for 6-8 minutes until cooked.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 865mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 43g
This data is automatically calculated by Nutritionix.